Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Not So Pawsome Recovery

Woof!! How's everybody doing? Us? Not so good. We would be, if we hadn't been under the knife! Wooo, sound so scary right? Nah. Nothing lah.

On Tuesday, we both went through a life changing experience. Literally. We were neutered and spayed! There goes our legacy.. But we know it's for our own good. The surgery went well, thank dogness. Though, we weren't too keen on staying in the hospital for a night.

I was so sad we had to be separated from our hoomans :( I was too depressed, I didn't even touch the food they've given me. It felt like forever being in that cage. But the minute they walked in, it all went away!

By the way, I had an X-Ray too to check my hip's condition. My left hip is apparently 'loose' or something like that. That's what I heard and I was told to keep taking glucosamine as usual. No problem. I just wanted to go home! I already had it all pictured in my head. Me running free in the yard, digging sand, chewing pebbles, drinking from pond..

Yeah. Not bloody likely. We arrived home to find our playpens already set up in our 'area' and we were forced to stay in there. Hmph. To make matters worse, we had to wear this CRAP!


Don't we just look ridiculous with those on? And it makes it impossible to move without us banging into something!

First night home was pretty gloomy as it was raining that night and we were still in pain but on the bright side, look at what they bought us!

Our favorite wet food, 'Nature's Gift: Lamb with Pasta'

TREATS!!

And new toys!


Mommy has been making us boiled chicken with potatoes and carrots, too. They must really feel bad for us. Heheee. Check out our latest photos..

NOSE SHOTS!


Lookie, I can balance a whole tupperware of treats on my head!

Smile... Even when you're sleeping..

Can you feel the love tonight?

I know I do! BOL! Sooo lucky they haven't taught me that trick yet..

Now let's start the 10 days countdown before we can take of the 'sticheees' and the 'table lamp cover'!!

Talk to you guys soon!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, you guys could have gone home on the same day. I went home an hour after my spay surgery. I never had to wear the cone because my flabby, saggy tummy was covering the incision so I couldn't lick that area at all. I was gloomy for about 2 days & the 3rd day, I was hyper again. I kinda forgot that I had a incision! I healed within a week. You guys will heal pretty fast too. Just tell your hoomies not to touch the incision areas at all, no need to wipe & make sure those areas are dry at all times. We hope you guys heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nala and Robin,
    Hope you guys recover soon, so that we can meet during Dogathon!
    Get well soon!

    xoxo,
    Pluto

    ReplyDelete